New Mexico offers a variety of unique assets to the global business community which positions the state at a significant competitive advantage in a diverse list of important and emerging industry segments.
- Energy and Natural Resources- Abundant natural resources make the state a leader in energy production; from oil and gas, to wind, solar and algae production.
- Aerospace and Space and Defense- Space pioneers found New Mexico 75 years ago and the industry continues to grow here thanks to an ideal climate, restricted air space, testing facilities, Spaceport America and more.
- Value Added Agriculture– New Mexico is the number one state for chile production and the number two state in pecan production in the nation. Competitive electric prices, land costs, and wages separate New Mexico from other states
- Distribution, Logistics and Transportation- Companies have discovered that New Mexico's location - at the center of the nation's five fastest growing states - ideal for goods distribution. Interstate 25, originally known as the Camino Real or Royal Road, connects the state to both international borders. Two interstate highways connect New Mexico to the east and west coasts.
- Advanced Manufacturing- Despite national trends, manufacturing is growing here. Three national research laboratories, world renowned research universities and more specialized R & D facilities provide cutting-edge technologies and services for advanced production capabilities.
- Digital Emerging Media– New Mexico offers production companies a very progressive economic tax credit incentive for CGI and related services rendered in New Mexico for film and multimedia projects. New Mexico is already home to several award-winning digital media artists and our state’s universities are producing more skilled digital media talent than ever.
- Back Office and Technical Support – Home to an increasing number of customer service centers, New Mexico enjoys a strong and growing back office sector with some of the largest U.S. consumer companies represented such as, Lowe’s and Alliance Data Systems.
The key industries are well supported by the state’s targeted incentives such as the Job Training Incentives Program(JTIP). JTIP has been recognized as one of the top five most aggressive workforce development incentive programs in the nation.
New Mexico is open for business.
To request an industry specific brochure please fill out the FORM